3. Overview and getting started¶
This guide describes the operation of controller for one-axis systems, basic parameters configuration and getting started with XILab software for Windows 7.
- One axis configuration - a brief description of the beginning of work with the controller 8SMC5-USB for one axis. It is also considered quick XiLab setup and lists all necessary equipment.
- Example of a motor connection - connection of stepper motor Nanotec ST5918L3008-B with encoder CUI INC AMT112S-V to 8SMC5-USB controller. It is described how to make your own cable, guided by the specification on the engine and explanation of the specification is given.
- Manual profile setting - setting of working profile for XiLab. Overview of the main features.
- Calculation of the nominal current - setting of amplitude of nominal current for stepper motors.
- Possible problems and solutions - description and solution of the most common problems when working with 8SMC5-USB controller.